Sunday, September 18, 2011

Farmers Wife Quilt Along - Session 2

It's FINALLY raining in Texas today and it's the perfect weather for sewing. Guilt free sewing too since I have two meals going, the laundry is 90% done and the kitchen is clean. I've got beef stroganoff in the crock pot and chicken tortilla soup on the stove. So my DH has plenty of options for work lunches this week.

I worked on two more blocks; the basket (pg 130) and the Basket Weave block (pg 131). It's been a little tricky since I'm using up 2 charm square packs that I've had for a couple of years. Since they are only 5" square, (there are 2 squares of most of the prints) my lack of fabric does mean I have to plan it out a little bit more, but that adds to the challenge. I liked the basket block but not too thrilled with my fabric choices on the basket weave block. Oh well, good thing there are 108 more blocks to complete the quilt that I'm sure this block will blend in well when it's complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment